HOW MUCH TIME IT WILL TAKE YOU:
Organising this day is a walk in the park: you only need to book train tickets from Lausanne to Interlaken or Lauterbrunnen, which should take you less than 15 min!
→ You can directly book the two tickets at once on the CFF app or website
- For the Lauterbrunnen Valley hike:
- Departure: Lausanne to Destination: Lauterbrunnen (~2h30)
- Departure Lauterbrunnen to Destination: Lausanne (~2h30)
- You will need to get tickets for the gondolas but you can do that directly at the gondola station
- For the Interlaken day:
- Departure: Lausanne -> Destination: Interlaken (~2h00)
- Departure: Interlaken -> Destination: Lausanne (~2h00)
- You will need to get tickets for the funicular (if you choose to take it) but you can do that directly at the gondola station
WHAT IT IS:
A wonderful hike in the Lauterbrunnen Valley or discovering Interlaken.
Option 1: You can take the day to hike through the Lauterbrunnen Valley and take the Gondola up to the plateau to see the beautiful peaks of the Eiger, the Mönsch and the Jungfrau.
- Take the train from Lausanne to Lauterbrunnen.
- As you step out of the train take in the beautiful view of the valley and admire the waterfalls.
- Make your way through the town to the waterfall and you can hike up a little trail to see the waterfall from behind (note that this only opens in summer).
- After this, follow the yellow signs that indicate Stechelberg to walk through the valley (the walk should last about an hour, hour and a half). Once you get there, take some time to have lunch before taking the gondola from Stechelberg Seilbahn up to Gimmelwald. (The hiking route from Stechelberg up to Gimmelwald is closed as of 26.4.21)
- From Gimmelwald you can hike to Mürren and take in the amazing views.
- After chilling in the cute town of Mürren, you can either walk back to Lauterbrunnen to take the train back home (with a stop in Interlaken if you want to have a well-deserved beer/drink) or you can take a train in Mürren directly to Grütschalp and the gondola back to Lauterbrunnen. (You can also walk to Grütschalp from Mürren and only take the gondola)
Option 2: Take the day to discover the town of Interlaken and take the funicular up (or hike) to the Harder Kulm to get amazing views of Interlaken and both lakes surrounding the town.
- Take the train from Lausanne to Interlaken. It doesn’t matter if you get out at Interlaken Ost or Interlaken West, it is about 30 minutes by foot between the stations and the walk brings you through the town.
- Once there, take some time to walk around town, have a croissant and chill by the river.
- Once you have discovered the town, you can hike up (about 1h30) or take the funicular up to the Harder Kulm (it is near Interlaken Ost station).
- Take in the beautiful view while having lunch before hiking back down (if you hiked up you can talk down the other side of the mountain) and grab a well deserved beer/drink before heading home.
- If you have time you can also go visit the little town of Böningen which is not very far from Interlaken (5 minute bus or 20-30 minute by foot) to see cute little houses.
HOW TO GET THERE:
The journey takes about 2h30 (5h for a round-trip). A first train will take you to Interlaken (you might have to change in Bern or Spiez), and a smaller regional train brings you to Lauterbrunnen.
→ Example itinerary for the hike from Lauterbrunnen to Mürren:
- 7:20: Lausanne-Interlaken-Lauterbrunnen
- 9h55: Arrival at Lauterbrunnen
- Hiking to Mürren. You can take the gondola whenever you arrive to it.
- 16:58: Mürren-Interlaken
- 19:30: Interlaken-Lausanne
- 21:40 Arrival in Lausanne
The journey takes about 2h (4h for a round-trip). The train will take you to Interlaken (you might have to change in Bern or Spiez).
→ Example itinerary for the challenger hike:
- 8:20: Lausanne-Interlaken-Lauterbrunnen
- 10h55: Arrival at Lauterbrunnen
- Hike to Interlaken. You can take the funicular whenever you arrive to it.
- 18:30: Interlaken-Lausanne
- 20:40 Arrival in Lausanne
WHAT YOU NEED:
You will need:
- A packed lunch
- Hiking shoes
- Weather appropriate clothing (can get a little chilly up there).
- Sun screen (unless you want to look like a shrimp).
- Water (opt for reusable bottles!)
- Your mask for the train!
- Card games for the train if you want
- Your smile and laughs
HOW MUCH IT WILL COST YOU:
The organization of this event will cost:
Option 1: Full fare/Half fare
- Lausanne-Lauterbrunnen: 63.60/31.80
- Stechelberg-Gimmelwald: 6.00/3.00
- Mürren-Interlaken: 18.80/9.40
- Interlaken-Lausanne: 56.00/28.00
Total: 144.4/72.2 CHF (The price can be lower if you have the 7/25 and if you choose to walk more between stations).
Option 2: Full fare/Half fare
- Lausanne-Interlaken: 56.00/28.00
- Harder Kulm Bahn: 34.00/17.00
- Interlaken-Lausanne: 56.00/28.00
Total: 146.00/73.00 CHF (The price of the funicular is zero if you choose to walk)
WHO TO CONTACT FOR MORE INFO:
Guillaume Six :